Session notes for 2019-2020 Leadership training
Read BJU's Philosophy of Biblical Counseling Here.
You can access past opening week training sessions on the Resources page.
Bob Jones university seeks to train disciples of christ
who impact the church and the world for christ
This is the FOCUS OF OUR DISCIPLESHIP at BJU. It pervades all that we do in our interaction with one another here on and off campus. This training at BJU comes through relationships, programs, expectations and efforts alongside local churches focused on:
- Discipling leaders who will boldly declare the Gospel in a hopeless world
- Declaring the authority of an inerrant Scripture in a self-exalting world
- Depending on a sovereign God through prayer in a self-sufficient world
- Developing servants for the local church community in an individualistic world
- Discerning holy and culturally appropriate lifestyle choices in a sinful world
- Devoting ourselves to caring, one-another ministry in a self-centered world
- Developing discipline, character and mutual submission in a self-indulgent world
WHAT GOALS SHOULD I HAVE FOR BEING AN EFFECTIVE GROUP LEADER?
- MODEL a life of humble devotion to Christ and His Church
- MINISTER to others what God is teaching YOU in His Word
- MEET needs with gracious love and committed prayer
- MOTIVATE others to follow Christ and be involved in serving others
- MENTOR other leaders by providing guidance and opportunities